Forest Master – Universal Woodworking Station
The main purpose of the Universal Woodworking Station is as a chainsaw mill for milling wood into slabs, fence posts, planks and all types of lumber. Logs can be placed onto the woodwork station and secured into place by screwing into the log through a number of telescopic plates. A chainsaw (not supplied) is attached to a supporting framework through brackets that clamp to the chainsaw bar. It can handle logs up to 1450mm in length and 520mm diameter. The framework holds the chainsaw and slots onto the guide rails, allowing the chainsaw to run along the guides and perform a perfectly horizontal cut. The guides are telescopic so can be quickly lowered to perform multiple cuts without adjusting the position of the wood. Logs can also be secured vertically, allowing them to be sawn into coins.
Needing to cut longer logs? Extensions are available separately, to allow logs of up to 6 meters to be processed. If you need these, please Contact Us
The Universal Woodworking Station can also be used as a sawhorse. A range of spiked, V-Shaped clamps are included which can be used in the telescopic slots. A log can be rested in the V clamps to secure it in place so it can be vertically cut into smaller logs. Being telescopic, the sawhorse can be adjusted to suit logs of any size up to the standard maximum length of 1450mm and maximum diameter of 500mm.
Benefits of the Universal Woodworking Station:
- The chainsaw is supported and guided on both sides of the log, preventing bar movement during cuts.
- The C-Section that slots onto the guides supports above and below the rails, preventing distortion in the cuts.
- The handle on the chainsaw frame is offset from the bar to direct the force in the horizontal plane and not force the blades down.
- The log can be placed on a rotational bracket which means it can be rotated 90° between cuts and locked off to quickly make fence posts.
- Maximum Guide Bar Width: 680mm*
- Minimum Guide Bar Width: 400mm*
- Maximum Log Length: 1450mm*
- Minimum Log Length: 200mm*
- Maximum Cutting Depth: 400mm*
- Minimum Cutting Depth: 15mm*
- Maximum Load (Raised on legs): 150kg*
- 1 Year Warranty
- Package contains base frame, chainsaw mill frame and log holder attachments.
CHAINSAW NOT SUPPLIED
*Please note these values are approximate and may vary slightly.
The Forest Master Mitresaw Work Bench, available now, can be clamped to the base unit of the woodwork station. The workbench can be tilted to a number of angles to make other woodworking tasks easier.
Using a set of runners and router bed, coming soon, a router can be fitted to the woodworking station. This allows the router to move in both X and Y directions along the wood to finish the sawn face or for any other need.